Skip to main content
- More than 170 million consumers use dietary supplements in the United States.
- Consumers and providers should be able to expect the dietary supplements that they purchase and recommend are quality products and safe for use as directed (“safe”).
- Illegal, fraudulent, adulterated and misbranded products can put consumers at risk and taint the marketplace. Ingredient suppliers, supplement manufacturers, distributers, retailers, and the government share responsibility to keep such products from the marketplace.
- A strong coalition of stakeholders can contribute support and resources that may significantly augment the functioning of the current regulatory framework and enforcement system.
- Ingredient suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers should identify and share effective practices and responsible actions to promote a supply chain that is exclusively populated with safe and quality products.